At Musicisum we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our visitors. This Policy explains what data we collect, what happens to any personal data that you provide to us, or that we collect from you whilst you visit our site, and how we use that data. We do update this Policy from time to time, and will attempt to inform you when we make changes.
Throughout this policy we'll refer to Musicisum (the "Company", "we" or "us"), the website and the services we provide (the "Service"), and users of the Service ("you"). Under applicable law, Musicisum is the "data controller" of personal data collected through the Service.
Information that we collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you provide to us
- Account and profile information: We will collect information about you when you sign up for an account, modify your profile, or change your settings on the Service. This includes information such as your name, e-mail address, and country of residence.
- Content through use of the site: Through the use of the Service, we will allow you to record your progress, including creating journal entries.
- Communications with us: Through contacting our customer support, you will be asked to provide contact information so we can reach you. Any information you provide in pursuit of support is also stored by us and through our partner services.
- Payment information: We collect certain payment and billing information when you subscribe to the Service. This includes payment card details, or in the case of PayPal, information you have stored on PayPal services for the purpose of linking your account correctly to payments.
- Third-party account login: When you sign up or connect a third-party account to the Service, such as Facebook, we receive the name and e-mail address connected to those accounts, which we use to either create or update your profile.
Information collected automatically when you use the Service
- Analytics: We collect analytics information about pages visited, devices and technologies used, lessons, practice exercises, and challenges used and completed. This data is anonymised such that it would be beyond any reasonable effort to personally identify users. Our third-party partners, such as Google and Facebook, use tracking cookies to be able to recognise you across multiple pages and visits.
How we use your information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- Research and development: We use anonymised analytics information to drive decisions on how to best serve you, and make our site better, smarter, faster, and more secure. For example, we may use information about popular devices in order to focus our efforts on making the experience better on those devices.
- Communicating with you about the Service: We use your contact information to send communications relating to your use of the Service, which includes payment confirmations, subscription confirmations, providing support, and sending technical notices, updates, and security announcements.
- Marketing and promotion: We may use your contact information to communicate with you about updates to the Services, such as new lessons and courses. We may also send information about other services that may be of specific interest to you. You can control whether you receive these communications by changing your Opt-out settings in your account profile.
- Customer support: We use your information to provide you with support and help resolve any issues you encounter.
- To protect our legitimate business interests and legal rights: Where required by law or where we believe it is necessary to protect our legal rights, interests and the interests of others, we use information about you in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, and audit functions, and disclosures in connection with the acquisition, merger or sale of a business.
- With your consent: We use information about you where you have given us consent to do so for a specific purpose not listed above. For example, we may publish testimonials or featured customer stories to promote the Services, with your permission.
- Legal bases for processing (for EEA users): If you are an individual in the European Economic Area (EEA), we collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable EU laws. The legal bases depend on the Services you use and how you use them. This means we collect and use your information only where:
If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your information because we have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using the Services.
- We need it to provide you the Services, including to operate the Services, provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of the Services;
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote the Services and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose; or
- We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
Sharing information we collect
We may need to share your data with third-party services in order to operate effectively.
- Service providers: We work with third-party service providers to provide website and application development, hosting, maintenance, backup, storage, virtual infrastructure, payment processing, analysis and other services for us, which may require them to access or use information about you. If a service provider needs to access information about you to perform services on our behalf, they do so under instruction from us, including abiding by policies and procedures designed to protect your information.
Storing your personal data
We use data hosting service providers in the European Union to host the information we collect, and we use technical measures to secure your data. While we implement safeguards designed to protect your information, no security system is impenetrable, and due to the inherent nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that data, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, is absolutely safe from intrusion by others. We will respond to requests about this within a reasonable time frame.
Third party links
On occasion we include links to third parties on this website. Where we provide a link it does not mean that we
before sending them any personal data.
Accessing and controlling your information
You have certain choices available to you when it comes to your information. Below is a summary of those choices, how to exercise them and any limitations. We will respond to requests about this within a reasonable time frame.
You have the right to request a copy of your information, to object to our use of your information (including for marketing purposes), to request the deletion or restriction of your information, or to request your information in a structured, electronic format. Below, we describe the tools and processes for making these requests. You can exercise some of the choices by logging into the Service and using settings available within your account. For all other requests, you may contact us as provided in the Contact Us section below to request assistance.
Your request and choices may be limited in certain cases: for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal information about another person, or if you ask to delete information which we are permitted by law or have compelling legitimate interests to keep. If you have unresolved concerns, you may have the right to complain to a data protection authority in the country where you live, where you work or where you feel your rights were infringed.
- Update your information: You may update information about you from within the account area of the Service. For example, you can change your e-mail address, name, and country. This will also change the information we use to get in touch with you for any of the purposes described in "How we use your information".
- Delete your information: You may delete certain information about you using your account and profile settings within the Service. For example, if you provided a phone number at which we may contact you for a consultation, you can use the account settings to submit a blank one and remove it. You may also use your account settings to remove any social accounts you have linked, though when you do this, you will need to sign in with an e-mail and password combination instead of through your social account.
- Opt out of communications: You may opt-out of receiving promotional communications from us by either modifying your account settings, or using the unsubscribe link in each promotional e-mail. You will still receive transactional notification e-mails from us regarding the Service, which includes payment receipts, password reset e-mails, and other important administrative announcements.
- Request we stop using your information: You may, in some cases, be able to ask us to stop accessing, storing, and otherwise processing your information where you believe we do not have a right to do so. For example, if you believe your account was created for you without your permission, you can contact us and request that we delete your account. Where you gave us consent to use your information for a limited purpose, you can contact us to withdraw that consent, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place at the time.
- Browser based controls: You may prevent or restrict the Service and third-party services from setting cookies by using your browser settings, or with a browser extension. The methods of doing this vary between browsers, so please consult specific help for your browser.
Our policy on children
We do not knowingly collect any information on children under 13 years of age. Parents or guardians may create an account on behalf of a child and use the provided parental controls to restrict access to social and payment features as necessary. Children under 16 years of age must have consent from their parent or guardian before providing any information. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us personal information, we will take steps to delete that information. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact our support services.